Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dude.

Haven't done this in a while. Blogging, that is. Then again, I haven't typed anything in a while. Probably why I'm so slow at it. I've been reading Sir Trenton Bowen's blog from Ghana (radical stuff, by the way) and it has inspired me to perhaps share a bit of what my life has been like over the past seven weeks. So my official title is Lost Canyon Property Intern-Ropes. This basically means that day to day I am responsible for the safe and effective operation of Lost Canyon's high ropes elements, namely the Ropes Course, Zip Line, Pamper Pole, Climbing Tower (better known as The Heist) and Giant Swing. I love what I do. I daily get to see the Lord shape the lives of kids by meeting them in the most vulnerable and terrifying situations and walking beside them or guiding their steps. But I think what is more important than what I get to see God doing in kid's lives is what I get to hear. I have never really been the kind of person who heard God as any kind of audible voice. God typically has guided me through some kind of internal leanings or desires and through advice given by people who love me. But recently God has spoken to me differently, and the things He has had to say as of late have been far more simple. As I attempt to do my job and lead kid's to the feet of Jesus through the ropes elements, there are certain things that I hear myself say, or that I hear others say that God wants me to hear. It's as though the Spirit were simply whispering to me to listen to what is being said and hear it as God's word, spoken to me.

"Just look at one thing at a time. Don't get overwhelmed by looking ahead."
"Here's my hand if you need it."
"I know it looks scary, but you just have to trust me to catch you."
"You're stronger than you think."

I have heard the words of God daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment