Thursday, April 29, 2010

Let us just be honest. None of us really has a sense of direction. "You are a mist that appears for a while and then vanishes." Whatever we do, we do it because we have been given a desire. Where the desire comes from is the significant part. Some desires we have are of the flesh, or the uncircumcised heart, or the body of death. This Law of Sin that is present within us is the root of all discord, and has only the power that we allow it. The more weight I ascribe to this Law, the stronger it is, and the more attractive it seems, and the deeper I am buried underneath it. This is my experience. Other desires come from the breath of life, or the sacred love, or the circumcised heart. This is the Law of the Spirit, from which, and through which, and to which we experience the sanctification of our lives and will experience the glorification of our bodies. It is the desires given to us by the Law of the Spirit that lead us to life, eternal life, in the fullest. What we obey is up to us.

Note: If this seems confused, contradictory, senseless, you may be onto something. I am trying to make it seem so. I am trying to embellish the sense of conflict this whole "Spiritual Mess" has left within me. And I am trying to practice speaking in terms and phrases and sentences that do not naturally lend themselves to being grouped together. And I am trying to eviscerate my thoughts so that they may be examined separately, and their connections made known. Bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment