Saturday, February 13, 2010

Let's get one thing straight: time does not heal anything. Sure, everyone says it does, hell, even I say it does. But time does not do the healing. Time is the medium through which healing is allowed to take place. It is a necessary piece of the equation, but it is not central. On second thought, it is not a piece of the equation. It is merely the paper on which the equation is written. We cannot help but factor it in because we are trapped within it. Now my thought is in proper order.

The equation of healing is about faith and understanding. The two are interconnected, so that the one is necessary for the other. This can often make it difficult to get the equation started. One might ask "where should I get this faith?" and the answer is "through understanding." Next one asks "but where should I get this understanding?" and the reply "through faith." And so it cannot come from within us. One must first come from the outside and from it the other can follow, either from us working it out or from it being similarly implanted or imparted.

For me first came faith. This is the faith that God's hand is at work in my life to shape me and mold me and bring me to the realization that I am first and foremost a son, and all other things secondarily. This is a faith that does not come from any of my own abilities. Truly, the more I tried to cause it within myself, the farther it seemed to be from me (for citation see all previous posts).

Following faith is understanding. This is the understanding of what it means to be first and foremost a son, and all other things secondarily. My understanding has come as a hybrid of implantation and basic deduction. Understanding being a son leads to deeper faith and deeper faith leads to better understanding of being a son.

This model of healing is a skeleton at best. But bear with me. It is a fresh concept for me. The terms are defined in a hazy manner, and the connections may be tenuous in places, but at least it's a start. And you gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment